It’s Almost Over
We are going into the last nine days of May and, therefore Bicycle Stories Month is coming to a close. If you are still interested in participating you have until Saturday May 31st to share your adventures in cycling. To avoid any hang over posts we’ll be skipping this Tuesday’s round-up and recap, instead a final one will be posted on Sunday Jun 1st.
How Does this event work?
- I’ll make an Event post each Thursday in May that I’ll stick to my home page for one week (Note this is the page for this week). It will be posted at 8:00am EST.
- You create a post for your bicycle story
- Use the tag Bicycle Stories Month and/ or include a Pingback to the weekly event post (again that’s this page)
- On Sunday June 1st, I’ll post a a final round-up of participants.
How do I participate?
If you’d like to participate then just get out on your bike and then post about it. That’s it, no prompts no specific challenge to it just lets tell stories about bikes for a month. Your post can be in any format your comfortable with and just needs to be broadly about cycling.
- A story or journal entry about your day out biking.
- A photo essay showing places you visited on your bike (it’d be nice to include some pictures of your bikes).
- A journalism piece about a bicycle event in your community.
- The tale of teaching you child or sibling how to ride
- When you got your first bike
- Tell us why you hate riding a bike.
- A how to on bike repairs
- Anything you want just as long as it involves a bike, even a complete work of fiction.
Do we get a badge?
Absolutely, if you want a badge to include on your blog or in your post then feel free to grab a copy of the logo for the event, and stick it anywhere it makes you happy. Here it is again in case you missed it at the top of the page.
Don’t have a Blog? We got you covered.
If you want to participate without a blog you can make a short post or share your photos on this blogs Facebook page to share your biking stories this month. I’ll be sharing bike related links there all month.
I hope that you’ll join in and have some fun with this event.
Have any questions, or need additional information?
Happy biking, and happy blogging.