Here in America, May is National Bike Month. That got me thinking that I haven’t made an entry in My Bicycle Diary in months because of… reasons. OK, the reasons are that I haven’t spent much time on it over the winter wet and dreary winter and haven’t got up the gumption to start biking again, but I thought this would be a great time to get back to commuting with it as well as doing recreational rides with the missus. I also thought it might be a good month to get other people telling their bicycle stories as well. So, for the month of May I’d like to make an event of it. So I am and here’s how it’s going to work.
- I’ll make an Event post each Thursday in May that I’ll stick to my home page for one week.
- You create a post for your bicycle story
- Use the tag Bicycle Stories Month and/ or include a Pingback to the weekly event post
- On the following Tuesday, depending on the number of participants, I’ll either reblog and/ or post a round-up of some of my favorites.
If you’d like to participate then starting Thursday May 1st, just get out on your bike and then post about it. That’s it, no prompts no specific challenge to it just lets tell stories about bikes for a month. Your post can be in any format your comfortable with and can just needs to be broadly about cycling.
- A story or journal entry about your day out biking.
- A photo essay showing places you visited on your bike (it’d be nice to include some pictures of your bikes).
- A journalism piece about a bicycle event in your community.
- The tale of teaching you child or sibling how to ride
- When you got your first bike
- Tell us why you hate riding a bike.
- A how to on bike repairs
- Anything you want just as long as it involves a bike.
If you have any questions or just want to talk about this event leave your comments on the Bicycle Stories Event Page.
Don’t have a Blog? We got you covered.
If you want to participate without a blog you can enter a short post or share your photos on this blogs Facebook page to share your biking stories this month. I’ll be sharing bike related links there all month.
I hope that you’ll join in and have some fun with this event.
There might even be a badge.